Friday, April 2, 2010

Wall Mural




I have been super busy. I haven't had time to sew the past few weeks. So I thought I'd post a picture of a mural I painted at my house in Suffolk, Virginia. I fell in love with the wisteria that laid so beautifully on the trees in Spring. Their smell can be overwhelming, but the colors are absolutely stunning. I love lavender anyway.



I had been dreaming of some beautiful southern estate on the water where two people share a magnificent view of the sun sparkling across the water. Two lovers share a warm evening together. Pushing her in the swing that is under the willow, she bites her bottom lip. He slides his hands around her waist and kisses her on the cheek. The ducks and ducklings waddling around the lake edge, draw the eye to the blooming daffodils. Warm light, and music calls from the inside the home. Food, laughter, and dancing creates an atmosphere of familiarity. Crickets are busy sending their evening message. Two girls are running across the bridge chasing the neighbors dog. AHHHH, the imagination is a spectacular place to live.



No comments: