Friday, March 12, 2010

Screen Printing and Hand Carved Stamps






Missing sleeve, still under construction





First time Screen Printer



I am screen printing on a denim jacket I had cut out in the Fall. Yes, it took me that long to finally construct it. We are tea party crazy over here. I did a freezer paper stencil ( tutorials all over the net) , then screen printed in multi colors,then covered it in fabric glitter.



Serging the edges with "rainbow" thread gave me a different way to look at constructing because I didn't want to hide the seams. I am not sure if I will like the finished product, but it is giving me practice in screen printing and serging.







Making mistakes Serging







I am serging on knit, I needed to adjust, but found I liked the loopy, ruffly edging. So, I left it.






Another look at my shadow work in progress


















Some Hand Carved Stamps I've Made



So much fun to carve out these stamps! I could do this all day. I ordered them from Dicks Art supply and also a carving tool.









No comments: