Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tea Pot Jacket











Vintage 80's pattern jacket, butterick 6806


I enjoyed screen printing. I will do it again. I added


little rhinestones to the jacket. I don't think I really


liked the effect of serging all of the edges and then


zig-zagging it together. She really likes it, she says she


is going to have tea with the Mad Hatter.


I am still embroidering a collar for her microcheck


dress.


I am not happy with a few stitches and may have to


pull some out.


I tried to embroider while talking during


ballet class. That didn't work too well. I have to


concentrate.





I have learned a few things about my serger.


When a thread breaks in the loopers, you have to


pull the needle threads out of the switch plate and


to the back , behind the foot. If anyone has any


tips on serging, please send me an email, or


comment.

















1 comment:

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

Just adorable!!! Love the screen printing!!!