Friday, February 5, 2010

Fairy Costumes




One of my 2 year old's favorite things to do is to play "dress up". Last Fall, I made fairy costumes for two. My beautiful neice is about the same ge as my daughter. So, I went crazy and I made 4 matching outfits. A question of sanity for some, I'm sure. This is one of the outfits, (costume). The design of the tutu is nothing new. There are plenty of tutorials on tutus of tulle tied around an elastic band. I chose three different fall colors. I placed flowers & glittered leaves around the tutu (stapled them to the tulle because I was too tired to sew them all on). The head peice is made of craft foam that was painted and then covered with tulle and leaves. Both ends of the "crown" have satin ribbon sewn on the ends and then tied into a bow. The leotard is a copy of one I purchased from a dance store. This is my first time making a leotard. I wish I had a serger. The wings are made of the usual coat hanger/pantyhose combination that is painted and glittered. The wands are painted dowels with foam stars, felt and ribbon.




No comments: