Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ode to Playdough & Recipe





Ode to playdough







Not on my carpet, or in the mouth,



Just give me a few moments of peace in this house.



Cut out some cookies, bake some bread too.



Roll out a ball, make dumplings for stew.



Little fingers mold and press



while mommy sits down to rest.







by Amy Kissinger














My mom had a recipe she gave me on an old index card when my teenagers were toddlers. I don't remember playing with it at home, it was made for preschool Sunday School.



Here's the recipe if anyone needs it:







1 cup flour



1cup water



1/2 cup salt



2 tsp. cream of tartar



1 tbsp. oil



food coloring



Combine dry ingredients, add others. Cook 3 minutes at medium heat. Stir until it starts to come away from the pan. Knead 5 times. Store in air tight container.







Still working on the petticoat. I have changed a few things from the



vintage McCall's pattern 2389.














I am attaching netting that I gathered under the taffeta layers.




















I found some pink tacky tulle with sparkles for my little fashionista. I think I am going to put it it over the white tulle on the red lady bug dress that she loves so much.



I found this fabric at Hancocks the other day. It's prewashed but not pressed, obviously. We like the doggies. The pink bandana fabric is going to go with a little cowgirl outift I want to create. Using leftovers from my camper redo, I have a cow print that I will make into a vest.










No comments: